YPOPs!/Windows 0.9.7.1 Released
Written by Anuj Seth
Monday, 09 March 2009 11:38
YPOPs!/Windows 0.9.7.1 has been released.
Download it here.
# First in a series of quick releases to be made to fix broken elements of YPOPs!
+ A new protocol for downloading emails from Yahoo! Mail Added
-> IMAP is used internally to fetch from Yahoo! Mail and this is converted back to POP3 format
-> This will enable seamless switch between IMAP and SOAP in the next version
-> SMTP and SOAP are broken in this release! Next release is to fix them!
-> This is the first release with the IMAP<->POP3 support, hence feedback is required to ensure this works
-> IMAP for sure might not be available for all user accounts. If it is not working for you, please try to switch your zone to Yahoo! Asia in your Yahoo! Profile.
- Progress Window has been removed. Hence configuration options for "Quiet mode" and "Always on Top" are not used any longer. From what I have gathered so far, Progress Window was one of the least used features. Also, this is required towards the step of making YPOPs! a Windows Service in a subsequent release
IMAP might not be enabled for all accounts! Switch your profile to Yahoo! Asia if it fails at first!
1. Tested with 5 different accounts; some with Yahoo! Asia as profile as some retained with US and UK profiles
2. IMAP worked for all; POP3 did not work for any!
3. Tested with email downloads with some accounts have in excess of 1000 emails. All retrieved successfully in single POP3 session.
1. If it does not work for you, please PM me. I will need to investigate further.
1. SOAP protocol support. I am hoping to get this done by the end of the week. Will keep posting progress on a regular basis.
2. SMTP support. Once SOAP support has been completed, it will be time to take up this big challenge.